And just like that, summer's coming to a close. The 2016 school year is about to begin. The end of summer deserves to be celebrated so it is time take a moment and plan a last hurrah in one of the Top 10 Coolest Towns in America.
Here are five fun ideas to help you send off summer...
1. Udderly Sweet: If it isn't yet a tradition, it should be. Load up some friends or family and head over to the best frozen yogurt place in the valley up at Snohomish Station. Grab tables out front and enjoy your carefully crafted treat for one last outdoor evening. Visit Udderly Sweet Frozen Yogurt
2. Lord Hill Regional Park: You meant to get out hiking more, but summer sure slipped by. There is still time to visit the northwest forest trails at Lord Hill only 5 minutes outside of town. Set aside 2-3 hours and bring your sense of adventure as you seek out wandering paths you haven't yet explored. Visit Lord Hill
3. Snohomish Aquatic Center: As the newest and coolest indoor pool North of Seattle, it is certainly one of the most popular places in town for family fun. It's a perfect place for one last escape from the late summer heat. Visit the Snohomish Aquatic Center
4. Hot Air Balloon Ride: Here in town we think of balloons as the official city bird so it goes without saying that nothing is more Snohomish than a hot air balloon ride. Make a once-in-a-lifetime memory and enjoy the setting summer sun from the best vantage point over Snohomish County. Visit Arial Balloon, Balloon Depot, or Over the Rainbow for availability.
5. Flowing Lake: Only a short drive up the hill from town, it might possibly be one of the best places in the area to relax. Gather up some food, drinks, swim gear, and that book you wanted to finish. Make a whole day of it with an old-fashion picnic and leisurely afternoon on the shores of this pristine lake. Even better, turn it into the last camping trip of the season in the Flowing Lake Campground. Visit Flowing Lake
“Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.” ~ Dr. Seuss