Determining the personal value of a photograph is a complex issue. Initially it seems like it shouldn't cost any more than the $0.09 developing fee at Costco, but consider the relative value to the one who holds the memory. People invest their wealth in lifestyle, homes, and vehicles, yet if presented with the choice to rescue only one belonging from a catastrophic fire, all choose their family's "Photograph Memories" knowing they can never be replaced. So, what is the value of a photograph?
A Photograph is the only...
- way we can stop time
- opportunity to truly see the world through another person's eyes
- thing that is still unique in this world
- way of going back in time and reliving a special moment
- thing that lasts after the wedding us over
- evidence those special memories have taken place
A Photograph will...
- instantly communicate knowledge, ideas, and understanding
- change our world view
- reflect what is most important in our lives
- say more than we can ever describe
- take people places they have never been
- allow you to see moments you have missed
- never fade away
- capture and preserve the intangible like a personality or feeling
- share our lives with others
- be more accurate than our own memory as the years go by
- strengthen the bonds we share with the ones we love
A Photograph is a tangible connection to...
- our past, present, and future
- the experiences that make us who we are today
- our individual artistic expression
- the people, places, and things you care about most
- our heritage
- our greatest life moments
A Photograph can...
- never be replaced
- elicit the strongest of human emotion
- make us remember
- traverse time and space
- bring people together
- transcend language and culture
- change the world
- live forever
If photographs are the memories that compliment the written pages of our personal life story, then the real question is, what is the value of a memory?
"It's your story."