Your life and memories deserve to be amazing! This series focuses on the 10 biggest mistakes that kill your summer family photos and how you can fix them.
MISTAKE #10: Having everyone stand there and smile all the time
Forced, fake smiles are awkward...you and I both know it. Yes, it seemed like a good idea at the time, but when we look at the image later, we wish it had been more natural.
SOLUTION: Think photojournalistic
Vacation is about life together so think like a photojournalist and document the real moments as they happen. There are still times and a places for posed photos, but have fun with them. Let people be themselves. Catch a moment. Tell a joke and snap the photo when they laugh. I have heard rumor of “certain noises” that can crack even the most stoic and uncooperative of children.
Read about the other mistakes...
- MISTAKE #10 - Having everyone stand there and smile all the time
- MISTAKE #9 - Taking photos in direct sunlight
- MISTAKE #8 - Using those faux-filters in apps
- MISTAKE #7 - Leaving the camera in the hotel
- MISTAKE #6 - Disregard for your own children
- MISTAKE #5 - Never appearing in your own family photos
- MISTAKE #4 - Not getting close enough to the moment
- MISTAKE #3 - You didn't have a backup plan
- MISTAKE #2 - You didn't put much effort into it
- MISTAKE #1 - Using Only Your Smartphone Camera