Your life and memories deserve to be amazing! This series focuses on the 10 biggest mistakes that kill your summer family photos and how you can fix them.
MISTAKE #5 - Never appearing in your own family photos
In photography we say, "If it is not in the frame, it doesn't exist." Since you are the one reading this, much like me, you are are likely the one in the family with the passion for taking photos and making sure you appear in photos is easy to over look.
SOLUTION: Be intentional about getting in shots yourself!
You are a critical part of your family's stories. When these memories are passed down, you simply must be in them. No selfies or selfie sticks. This requires the assistance of another family member, friend, or dare I say, handing your camera to a passing stranger.
When no one else is available, use a tripod. They certainly don't have to be cumbersome. Here are a few affordable and cool tripods you will want to carry when you travel: Joby GorillaPod ($46), Pedco UltraPod ($12), or AmazonBasics 52-Inch Carbon Fiber Travel Tripod ($80).
Read about the other mistakes...
- MISTAKE #10 - Having everyone stand there and smile all the time
- MISTAKE #9 - Taking photos in direct sunlight
- MISTAKE #8 - Using those faux-filters in apps
- MISTAKE #7 - Leaving the camera in the hotel
- MISTAKE #6 - Disregard for your own children
- MISTAKE #5 - Never appearing in your own family photos
- MISTAKE #4 - Not getting close enough to the moment
- MISTAKE #3 - You didn't have a backup plan
- MISTAKE #2 - You didn't put much effort into it
- MISTAKE #1 - Using Only Your Smartphone Camera