Your life and memories deserve to be amazing! This series focuses on the 10 biggest mistakes that kill your summer family photos and how you can fix them.
MISTAKE #6: Disregard For Your Own Children, Photographically Speaking
Parents often act as though their perspective is the only perspective...let me explain. Millions of vacation photos each year are ruined by adults taking photos from above, looking down the children. No matter how special the moment was, there’s nothing significant about seeing the tops of heads.
SOLUTION: Consider who you are photographing
Consider their perspective. How can you make a photo that tells their story? It is easy, just get down to their level and try to see the world as they view it when you take the picture. There's nothing more special than seeing it through their eyes.
Read about the other mistakes...
- MISTAKE #10 - Having everyone stand there and smile all the time
- MISTAKE #9 - Taking photos in direct sunlight
- MISTAKE #8 - Using those faux-filters in apps
- MISTAKE #7 - Leaving the camera in the hotel
- MISTAKE #6 - Disregard for your own children
- MISTAKE #5 - Never appearing in your own family photos
- MISTAKE #4 - Not getting close enough to the moment
- MISTAKE #3 - You didn't have a backup plan
- MISTAKE #2 - You didn't put much effort into it
- MISTAKE #1 - Using Only Your Smartphone Camera